“What Do Women Want?” Kim Addonizio

“女人想要什么?”梁余晶 译


I want a red dress.
我想要一件红礼裙。
I want it flimsy and cheap,
我要它又薄又便宜,
I want it too tight, I want to wear it
我要它特紧身,我要穿着它,
until someone tears it off me.
直到有人把它从我身上撕下。
I want it sleeveless and backless,
这条裙子,我要它无袖,
this dress, so no one has to guess
要它露背,别人不用猜
what’s underneath. I want to walk down
裙下有什么。我要走上街,
the street past Thrifty’s and the hardware store
走过便利店。走过五金店,
with all those keys glittering in the window,
所有的钥匙在橱窗里闪亮。
past Mr. and Mrs. Wong selling day-old
走过王氏夫妇餐厅,他们出售
donuts in their café, past the Guerra brothers
放了一天的甜甜圈。走过格拉兄弟公司,
slinging pigs from the truck and onto the dolly,
他们把猪从卡车扔到手推车,
hoisting the slick snouts over their shoulders.
搬起光滑的猪嘴,搭在肩上。
I want to walk like I’m the only
我要走得像世上唯一的
woman on earth and I can have my pick.
女人,一切都供我挑选。
I want that red dress bad.
我想死了那条红裙子。
I want it to confirm
我想用它确认
your worst fears about me,
你对我怀有最深的恐惧,
to show you how little I care about you
向你表明,我一点也不在乎你,
or anything except what
除了我想要的,什么也不在乎。
I want. When I find it, I’ll pull that garment
等我找到那条裙子,就把它
from its hanger like I’m choosing a body
从衣架上取下,仿佛挑选一个身体,
to carry me into this world, through
把我载入这个世界,
the birth-cries and the love-cries too,
穿过出生和做爱时的叫喊。
and I’ll wear it like bones, like skin,
我会像骨头、像皮肤一样穿着它,
it’ll be the goddamned
这将是他们埋我入土时
dress they bury me in.
我穿的那件该死的衣。


添加译本