Had we but world enough and time,
假如我们拥有全部的世界和所有时间,
This coyness, lady, were no crime.
我的女士,你的扭捏就不是罪过。
We would sit down, and think which way
我们可以坐下来,好好思考
To walk, and pass our long love’s day.
用哪种方式谈话,度过我们漫长的春宵。
Thou by the Indian Ganges’ side
你在印度恒河岸边
Shouldst rubies find; I by the tide
发现红宝石的美丽,我在英格兰的亨伯河畔
Of Humber would complain. I would
伴着潮水倾诉爱意。在大洪水来临前十年
Love you ten years before the flood,
我会爱上你,
And you should, if you please, refuse
只要你高兴,你可以一直拒绝,
Till the conversion of the Jews.
直到犹太人不再相信上帝。
My vegetable love should grow
我植物式的爱情可以生长,
Vaster than empires and more slow;
长得比帝国还要缓慢但更加深广;
An hundred years should go to praise
用一百年赞颂你的双眼,凝视你的额头;
Thine eyes, and on thy forehead gaze;
用两百年来爱抚每只乳房,
Two hundred to adore each breast,
还需三万年在余下的部位徜徉;
But thirty thousand to the rest;
每个部位至少要一个世代,
An age at least to every part,
在最后一个世代你会敞开自己的心房。
And the last age should show your heart.
我的女士,你该拥有这样的荣光,
For, lady, you deserve this state,
我也不应爱得过于匆忙。
Nor would I love at lower rate.
但我总能听到在我背后
But at my back I always hear
疾驰来时光插翅的战车,
Time’s wingèd chariot hurrying near;
而在我们面前横亘着
And yonder all before us lie
广阔永恒的沙漠。
Deserts of vast eternity.
你的美丽将终将无影无踪,
Thy beauty shall no more be found;
在你大理石的墓穴里,回荡着
Nor, in thy marble vault, shall sound
我的歌声;然后蚯蚓
My echoing song; then worms shall try
将要品尝你保持一生的童贞,
That long-preserved virginity,
你的情欲还未燃烧已成灰烬
And your quaint honour turn to dust,
而你稀奇的荣耀将化作微尘;
And into ashes all my lust;
虽然坟墓是个清静的好地方,
The grave’s a fine and private place,
但这里并不适合拥抱情人。
But none, I think, do there embrace.
所以啊,当朝露般
Now therefore, while the youthful hue
年轻的光彩还在你脸上闪现,
Sits on thy skin like morning dew,
当你热切的灵魂,
And while thy willing soul transpires
在每个毛孔里喷射出刹那的火焰,
At every pore with instant fires,
在我们能动时应当迅速起身,
Now let us sport us while we may,
就像欲望的鹰隼飞降九天,
And now, like amorous birds of prey,
让我们被时光迅速吞噬,
Rather at once our time devour
千万别消磨于它的细嚼慢咽。
Than languish in his slow-chapped power.
让我们把所有的力量,
Let us roll all our strength and all
所有的甜蜜滚成一团,
Our sweetness up into one ball,
让我们穿过生命的铁门
And tear our pleasures with rough strife
用蛮荒的挣扎撕扯我们的狂欢:
Through the iron gates of life:
如此这般,虽然不能让我们的太阳
Thus, though we cannot make our sun
永悬中天,我们也能让他狂野旋转。
Stand still, yet we will make him run.