Had we but world enough and time,
假若有足够的空间和光阴,
This coyness, lady, were no crime.
姑娘哟,你的羞怯就不算无情。
We would sit down, and think which way
我们可以坐下来认真思索
To walk, and pass our long love’s day.
该在哪条路上度过爱的时分。
Thou by the Indian Ganges’ side
你可以去印度的恒河边,
Shouldst rubies find; I by the tide
去寻觅那闪光的红宝石,
Of Humber would complain. I would
我会在汉伯河畔望水悲叹,
Love you ten years before the flood,
会在洪水前十年就对你钟情,
And you should, if you please, refuse
如果你愿意,你可以拒绝,
Till the conversion of the Jews.
直到犹太人成为基督的教民。
My vegetable love should grow
我的爱可像草木缓慢地生长,
Vaster than empires and more slow;
长得比帝国的疆域更宽广无垠。
An hundred years should go to praise
我可以用上整整一百个年头
Thine eyes, and on thy forehead gaze;
来凝视你的面庞,赞美你的眼睛,
Two hundred to adore each breast,
用两百年来爱慕你的酥胸,
But thirty thousand to the rest;
用三万年来崇仰你的全身;
An age at least to every part,
你的每根头发都得爱一个世纪,
And the last age should show your heart.
待世界末日才窥视你的芳心。
For, lady, you deserve this state,
因为,姑娘哟,你值得这般爱恋,
Nor would I love at lower rate.
我决不会降低我火一般的爱情。
But at my back I always hear
但是我常常听见在我身后
Time’s wingèd chariot hurrying near;
时间的飞轮正匆匆逼近;
And yonder all before us lie
那边哟,那边,在我们面前
Deserts of vast eternity.
是荒野的浩渺、沉寂的永恒。
Thy beauty shall no more be found;
你的美貌风韵将不复存在,
Nor, in thy marble vault, shall sound
你的墓中也不会有我的歌声;
My echoing song; then worms shall try
那时只剩下虫豸蠹蛆
That long-preserved virginity,
来品尝你长久保持的童贞,
And your quaint honour turn to dust,
你高洁的名誉将变为尘土,
And into ashes all my lust;
我情欲的烈焰也将烧成灰烬。
The grave’s a fine and private place,
坟墓倒是个美好幽静的地方,
But none, I think, do there embrace.
但谁也不会在那儿拥抱温存。
Now therefore, while the youthful hue
所以哟,趁你青春的红颜
Sits on thy skin like morning dew,
像清晨的露珠晶莹娇嫩,
And while thy willing soul transpires
趁你绸缪的心灵正春情荡漾,
At every pore with instant fires,
趁熊熊欲火煎熬你根根神经,
Now let us sport us while we may,
能欢娱之时让我们尽情欢娱,
And now, like amorous birds of prey,
就像一对相亲相爱的飞鹰,
Rather at once our time devour
在狂欢的瞬间吞下全部岁月,
Than languish in his slow-chapped power.
也不让时光来慢慢消磨青春。
Let us roll all our strength and all
让我们把力量溶为一体,
Our sweetness up into one ball,
让我们把柔情聚在一身,
And tear our pleasures with rough strife
让我们为欢乐而奋力搏击,
Through the iron gates of life:
冲破生活那铁铸的囚门。
Thus, though we cannot make our sun
我们纵然不能阻止年华流逝,
Stand still, yet we will make him run.
但可以让那欢乐的佳期早临。