Self-Employed大卫·伊格内托

自我雇佣光诸 译

For Harvey Shapiro

献给哈维 · 夏皮罗


I stand and listen, head bowed,
我垂着头,站立着
to my inner complaint.
听我内心的指责。
Persons passing by think
路过的人们在想,
I am searching for a lost coin.
我在找掉在地上的硬币。
You’re fired, I yell inside
“你被解雇了”,我的内心在大叫
after an especially bad episode.
这一次败得太惨。
I’m letting you go without notice
我叫你赶快离开这里,
or terminal pay. You just lost
不要发出声音,也别想拿补偿金。
another chance to make good.
你刚刚搞砸了最后一次将功补过的机会。
But then I watch myself standing at the exit,
但是随后我看到自己站在出口处,
depressed and about to leave,
穿上衣服准备离开,
and wave myself back in wearily,
我疲惫地招手让他回来
for who else could I get in my place
——还有谁能像我自己一样,
to do the job in dark, airless conditions?
在黑暗窒息的环境下坚持工作?


添加译本