当对世事的绝望在我心中升起时,
When despair for the world grows in me
夜里一丁点儿声响都能叫醒我。
and I wake in the night at the least sound
担心我的生活和孩子们的生活会怎样,
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
我起身入林,寻一处水边躺下,德雷克木鸭
I go and lie down where the wood drake
在水上怡然休憩,大野鹭悠然觅食。
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
我闯入野外世界的宁静,
I come into the peace of wild things
这里谁也不会用对明天的忧虑来减损
who do not tax their lives with forethought
此刻。我沉静如止水。
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
我伸手去摸头顶上耀眼如白昼的星星
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
它们正光芒万丈地等待着。有那么一会儿
waiting with their light. For a time
我栖息于天地间的从容,自由了。
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.