我们沿着花圃⾏⾛。
We were walking along the flower beds.
已是暮春,孩⼦们在草坪上
It was late spring and the children jumped
蹦跳,展⽰他们的⼒⽓。
across the lawn to demonstrate their powers.
你说,“我觉得我们不应该
You said, “I don't think we should plant
再种绣球花了,”⽽我却在想
any more hydrangeas," and I thought
我该如何开⾛家⾥的车
about how I could take the family car
⼀路直奔马萨诸塞。
and drive straight to Massachusetts.
脱光所有⾐服。涉⼊
Take off all my clothes. Wade into
⽔中。⽤现⾦⽀付⼀切。
the water. Pay for everything in cash.
“夜⾥我会感到孤单,”我说,
“At night I would be lonely,” I said,
你有些困惑地转过⾝。
as you turned with some confusion.
这是我们常玩的⼩把戏。你
This is a little game we play. You
给我所有我⼀直想要的东西
give me everything I always wanted
⽽我则梦想着逃离的⽅式。
and I dream up some way out.