We were walking along the flower beds.
我们沿着花圃⾏⾛。
It was late spring and the children jumped
已是暮春,孩⼦们在草坪上
across the lawn to demonstrate their powers.
蹦跳,展⽰他们的⼒⽓。
You said, “I don't think we should plant
你说,“我觉得我们不应该
any more hydrangeas," and I thought
再种绣球花了,”⽽我却在想
about how I could take the family car
我该如何开⾛家⾥的车
and drive straight to Massachusetts.
⼀路直奔马萨诸塞。
Take off all my clothes. Wade into
脱光所有⾐服。涉⼊
the water. Pay for everything in cash.
⽔中。⽤现⾦⽀付⼀切。
“At night I would be lonely,” I said,
“夜⾥我会感到孤单,”我说,
as you turned with some confusion.
你有些困惑地转过⾝。
This is a little game we play. You
这是我们常玩的⼩把戏。你
give me everything I always wanted
给我所有我⼀直想要的东西
and I dream up some way out.
⽽我则梦想着逃离的⽅式。