我保持我的答案微小,并放它们在近旁;
I keep my answers small and keep them near;
大问题们压伤了我的心,但我仍让
Big questions bruised my mind but still I let
小答案们作为我的恐惧的一个堡垒。
Small answers be a bulwark to my fear.
那些庞大的抽象我放在光的外面;
The huge abstractions I keep from the light;
那些微小的事物我把玩、抚摸、爱恋。
Small things I handled and caressed and loved.
我让群星夺取整个的夜晚。
I let the stars assume the whole of night.
但那些大答案却吵闹着要搬
But the big answers clamoured to be moved
进我的生活。它们的大胆无畏
Into my life. Their great audacity
呐喊着要被承认和相信。
Shouted to be acknowledged and believed.
即使所有的小答案都建起了
Even when all small answers build up to
我灵魂的保障,我仍听见
Protection of my spirit, I still hear
大答案们为它们的倾倒奋斗不息
Big answers striving for their overthrow
而所有那些伟大的结局正在临近。
And all the great conclusions coming near.