The Journey玛丽·奥利弗

旅程倪志娟 译


One day you finally knew
有一天,你终于知道
what you had to do, and began,
你必须做什么,并开始去做,
though the voices around you
虽然你周围的声音
kept shouting
一直喊叫
their bad advice—
他们的坏建议
though the whole house
虽然整个房子
began to tremble
开始发抖
and you felt the old tug
而你感到古老的绳索
at your ankles.
绊住你的脚踝。
"Mend my life!"
“改善我的生活!”
each voice cried.
每个声音哭喊着。
But you didn"t stop.
但你不停止。
You knew what you had to do,
你知道你必须做什么,
though the wind pried
虽然风用它僵硬的手指
with its stiff fingers
撬动
at the very foundations,
这个根基,
though their melancholy
虽然他们的忧郁
was terrible.
着实可怕。
It was already late
天已经
enough, and a wild night,
晚了,一个疯狂的夜晚,
and the road full of fallen
路上塞满了
branches and stones.
断枝和石头。
But little by little,
但是,渐渐地,
as you left their voices behind,
你将他们的声音抛在身后,
the stars began to burn
星星穿透云层
through the sheets of clouds,
散发光辉,
and there was a new voice
一个新的声音出现
which you slowly
你慢慢
recognized as your own,
意识到,它是你自己的声音,
that kept you company
伴随着你
as you strode deeper and deeper
当你越来越深地
into the world,
步入世界,
determined to do
决定去做
the only thing you could do—
你唯一能做的事——
determined to save
决定去拯救
the only life you could save.
你唯一能拯救的生活。


添加译本