I thought the earth remembered me,
我想大地记得我,
she took me back so tenderly,
她那么温柔地接纳我,
arranging her dark skirts, her pockets
整理好她的黑裙子,在她的口袋中
full of lichens and seeds.
装满青苔和种子。
I slept as never before, a stone on the river bed,
我沉沉睡去,就像河床上的一块石头,
nothing between me and the white fire of the stars
在我和星星的白色火焰之间,空无一物
but my thoughts, and they floated light as moths
只有我的思想,像飞蛾一样,
among the branches of the perfect trees.
轻轻漂浮在完美之树的枝叶间。
All night I heard the small kingdoms
整夜,我听见这个小王国
breathing around me, the insects,
在我周围呼吸,昆虫
and the birds who do their work in the darkness.
和鸟儿们,在黑暗中工作。
All night I rose and fell, as if in water,
整夜,我如同在水中,沉浮
grappling with a luminous doom. By morning
起落于一种明亮的光。直到清晨,
I had vanished at least a dozen times
我在一些更好的事物中
into something better.
至少消失了十二次。