I haven’t written you in a long time.
我已经很久没有写过你了。
A sudden window winks open.
突然,一扇窗户眨眼打开。
The sky has my father’s
天空有着我父亲
beaten face. I missed you. I missed how
饱经风霜的面容。我想念你,我想念
you comforted me the way you
你如何安慰我,正如你现在
comfort me now with your wide-eyed
用那睁大的清澈的眼睛
lucidity, the languor of the patient
安慰我,你缓慢而耐心地
unfurling of yourself, luxuriously
舒展开自己,奢侈地
disregarding the latest betrayal
无视最新的背叛,
like a headline stark across the front
就像一个头条新闻醒目地
page of my face. But I will not
横在我脸上。但我不会
write about it here, along the margin
在这里写下它,在你
of your insides, although you are in love
内心的边缘,尽管你钟情于
with such unsung facts – the pearly whitehead
这些不为人知的事实——我下巴上
on my chin, that faint odour from my feet
的珍珠白头,我脚上淡淡的气味
scaling the air’s ladder into the previous line –
沿着空气的梯子爬上前一行——
and why not? Who cares if someone else
为什么不呢?谁在乎别人
would never believe that such things
是否相信这些事情
may not also be poetic?
也可能是诗意的?
But now I want only to talk of you.
但现在我只想谈谈你。
How many like you have I already
我已经用如此真实的和弦
composed with such authentic chords
创作了多少这样的你,
of truth, loud and clear within them.
其中充满了真理,响亮而清晰。
My beloved one-night-stand
我心爱的露水情缘,
who never stops coming
在所有正确的时刻
to love me at all the right times:
从未停止来爱我:
after unbearable grief
在无法忍受的悲伤之后
or after every rare moment
或在每一个罕见的
of contentment, even joy.
满足,甚至喜悦的时刻之后。
You who never lie except when I
你从不说谎,除非我
want you to, if only to augment a distant
想让你说谎,哪怕只是为了增加一个遥远
but more vital truth. I love you,
但更重要的真理。我爱你,
dear poem. I love you
亲爱的诗。我爱你
because you hold pain up upon
因为你将痛苦托在
the quiet of your palm, raising it
你安静的手掌上,将它举起,
so I might see it in the best possible light.
以便我能在最好的光线下看到它。