I swear the woman who works at the
我敢说,那个在普林斯街上
grocery store on Prince Street was an
杂货店里工作的女人还住在
obstetrician when she lived in Korea.
韩国的时候,会是一个产科医生
The way she glows at the roses while
当她把玫瑰裹在包装纸里
she swaddles them in tissue paper
并隔着柜台递给你时
and passes them to you across the counter
她那种看着它们的眼神
so tenderly you are clearly being handed
轻柔得让你清楚地感到递给你的
either a newborn or a grenade. I don't
是一个新生儿或一颗手榴弹。我并不
want to be a mother, but my left arm knows
想成为一个母亲,但我的左臂知道
just how to be a cradle, and on the way home,
如何圈成一个摇篮,在回家路上,
a homeless man says they have my eyes.
一个流浪汉说,这些花有和我一样的眼睛。