白斑狗鱼呐石 译

Northern Pike詹姆斯·赖特


好吧。那就尝尝
All right. Try this,
这个,我认识和关心的
Then. Every body
每个人,
I know and care for,
以及其余的
And every body
将要
Else is going
在难以想象的孤寂
To die in a loneliness
和无法了解的痛苦中
I can't imagine and a pain
死去的人们。我们
I don't know. We had
必须继续活下去。我们
To go on living. We
解开渔网,我们
Untangled the net, we slit
刨开这条鱼的身体,
The body of this fish
从鱼尾的分叉
Open from the hinge of the tail
到下颌处
To a place beneath the chin
我希望我可以为此歌唱。
I wish I could sing of.
我希望我们可以让
I would just as soon we let
这个生命继续活下去。
The living go on living.
一位我们信赖的老诗人
An old poet whom we believe in
说过同样的事,所以
Said the same thing, and so
我们在香蒲丛停留了一会,祈祷
We paused among the dark cattails and prayed
为那些麝鼠,
For the muskrats,
为它们尾下的波纹,
For the ripples below their tails,
为我们所知的小龙虾在水下的小小动静,
For the little movements that we knew the crawdads were making
为我当警察的堂兄的右手手腕。
under water,
我们祈求护猎员能视而不见。
For the right-hand wrist of my cousin who is a policeman.
我们祈求回家的路平安。
We prayed for the game warden's blindness.
我们吃掉了那条鱼。
We prayed for the road home.
我的身体里一定有非常美妙的东西,
We ate the fish.
我非常开心。
There must be something very beautiful in my body,
I am so happy.


添加译本