贪婪和真理有时相互作用倪志娟 译

Voracities and Verities Sometimes are Interacting玛丽安·穆尔


我不喜欢钻石;
I don"t like diamonds;
翡翠色的“草灯光”更好;
the emerald"s "grass-lamp glow" is better;
而得体的谦逊,
and unobtrusiveness is dazzling,
使人赞叹。
upon occasion.
一些致谢令人难堪。
Some kinds of gratitude are trying.

诗人们,不要大惊小怪;
Poets, don"t make a fuss;
大象“弯曲的小号”“的确书写”;
the elephant"s "crooked trumpet" "doth write";
至于我正在读的一本老虎之书——
and to a tiger-book I am reading -
我认为你知道这本书——
I think you know the one -
我承担着义务。
I am under obligatioin.

一个,可能被宽恕,是的,我知道,
One may be pardoned, yes I know
一个可能因爱而永恒。
one may, for love undying.


添加译本