我把山金车倒入掌心李栋 译

I Pour Arnica Into My Palm弗罗斯特·甘德

——《莫哈韦沙漠之魂》节选

我把山金车倒入掌心,
I pour arnica into my palm and
开始按摩你后颈
begin to massage the tight cords
紧绷的神经。
at the back of your neck.

你,是我幸福形象的缩影。
You, who are the image epitome of my happiness.

只有在你的陪伴下,
Only in your company do I
我才能集中精力、毫不懈怠。和你
concentrate and hold together. Living
生活在一起让我适应了
with you attunes me to the various
各种不同的情绪,让我完整。
distinct moods that make me whole.
但是我又给了你什么作为报答?
But what do I give in return?

婚姻,一种共鸣关系的占卜。
Marriage, a divination of resonant relations.

就在我们眼前,接触到空气
Until right before our eyes, within minutes
几分钟后,刚出土的壁画
of coming into contact with air, the rich
鲜艳夺目的色彩
colors of the freshly excavated fresco
开始变成暗淡的灰色。
begin to fade to a dull grey.

你说,叙事,只是驾驭时间的一种方式。
Narrative, you say, is just one way of navigating time.

而被克制的叙事
And those perceptions culled
剔除出来的感知
by the restraints of narrative
则可被其他手法所利用。
become available to other trajectories.

与此同时,未来毫无牵绊地向我们袭来。
Meanwhile, the future blows toward us without handholds.
是一个裂口。一个既成事实。一个深渊。
It is a gaping. An already. A maw.

当心灵不再是生命持续的场所,那会发生的是什么?
What happens when the mind is no longer a place of duration?

在我们交往之初,你曾开玩笑地说,
If you want to resuscitate your destiny, you joked
你要想重振自己的命运,那就从现在开始吧。
early in our relationship, start with the present. Which
就在那时,我第一次看清了你
is when, for the first time, I took in the resolute
坚毅坦然的脸庞。
openness of your face.

注1:题目为编者所加


添加译本