Love set you going like a fat gold watch.
爱使你走动像一只肥胖的金表。
The midwife slapped your footsoles, and your bald cry
接生婆拍打你的脚掌,你赤裸的哭喊
Took its place among the elements.
便在万物中占有一席之地。
Our voices echo, magnifying your arrival. New statue.
我们的声音呼应着,渲染你的来临。新的雕像
In a drafty museum, your nakedness
在通风良好的博物馆里,你的赤裸
Shadows our safety. We stand round blankly as walls.
遮蔽我们的安全。我们石墙般茫然站立。
I’m no more your mother
我不是你的母亲
Than the cloud that distills a mirror to reflect its own slow
一如乌云洒下一面镜子映照自己缓缓
Effacement at the wind’s hand.
消逝于风的摆布。
All night your moth-breath
整个晚上你蛾般的呼吸
Flickers among the flat pink roses. I wake to listen:
扑烁于全然粉红的玫瑰花间。我醒来听着:
A far sea moves in my ear.
远方的潮汐在耳中涌动。
One cry, and I stumble from bed, cow-heavy and floral
一有哭声,我便从床上踉跄而起,笨重如牛,穿着
In my Victorian nightgown.
维多利亚式的睡袍,满身花纹。
Your mouth opens clean as a cat’s. The window square
你猫般纯净的小嘴开启。窗格子
Whitens and swallows its dull stars. And now you try
泛白且吞噬其单调的星辰。现在你试唱
Your handful of notes;
满手的音符;
The clear vowels rise like balloons.
清晰的元音升起一如气球。