Morning Song西尔维娅·普拉斯

晨歌得一忘二 译


Love set you going like a fat gold watch.
爱触发你走动,像一只胖乎乎的金表。
The midwife slapped your footsoles, and your bald cry
产婆拍打你的脚跟,你率畅的哭声
Took its place among the elements.
于是在万象中占据自己的位置。

Our voices echo, magnifying your arrival. New statue.
我们的嗓音呼应,弘扬你的来临。新雕像。
In a drafty museum, your nakedness
在穿风的博物馆里,你的赤裸
Shadows our safety. We stand round blankly as walls.
给我们的安全罩上阴影。我们像墙壁一般茫然地站在四周。

I’m no more your mother
我并不比云更像你的母亲,
Than the cloud that distills a mirror to reflect its own slow
它蒸馏出一面镜子,只不过映照出自己的脸
Effacement at the wind’s hand.
在风的摆布下缓缓消逝。

All night your moth-breath
彻夜,你小飞蛾的呼吸
Flickers among the flat pink roses. I wake to listen:
在平板的粉色玫瑰中拍闪。我醒来听到:
A far sea moves in my ear.
远方的大海在我耳中涌动。

One cry, and I stumble from bed, cow-heavy and floral
一声啼哭,我便跌跌爬爬地下床,乳牛一样笨重,
In my Victorian nightgown.
裹着维多利亚式的大花睡袍。
Your mouth opens clean as a cat’s. The window square
你的嘴完全打开,像一张猫嘴。窗户的广场

Whitens and swallows its dull stars. And now you try
白了,吞没了它里面的暗淡星辰。现在,你试唱
Your handful of notes;
你那一把音符;
The clear vowels rise like balloons.
清澈的元音升起,犹如气球。


1961.2.19
添加译本