关于做个爱国者DeepL 译

On Being a Patriot鲍勃·B


你不必挥舞国旗,
You don’t have to wave your country’s flag;
也不必自吹自擂
Nor do you have to boast and brag
说你的国家是地球上最好的——
That yours is the best country on earth—
无论是不是它都是你出生的土地——
Whether or not it’s the land of your birth—
做个爱国者吧。
To be a patriot.

不必靠挥舞武器来表明
There’s no need to brandish your weapons to show
你有你永远不会放弃的权利;
That you have your rights that you’ll never forgo;
也不必模仿有些人
Nor do you have to copy the ones
他们觉得要有一库房的枪械
Who feel the need for an arsenal of guns
才能做个爱国者。
To be a patriot.

你不必听从别人告诉你的一切,
You don’t have to heed everything you are told,
不必害怕寻求领袖们所隐瞒的真相,
Fear seeking truths that your leaders withhold,
或者忘记你们的法律里有理由说
Or forget that in your laws there’s a reason
公开反对不等于叛国
That public dissent’s not the same thing as treason
做个爱国者吧。
To be a patriot.

你不必觉得政府
You don’t have to feel that the government is right
强迫青年男女去打仗,
To force young men and women to fight
为战争机器谋利是正确的
In wars that profit the War Machine--
你也心知肚明这些战争是下流的——
And which you in your heart know are obscene--
做个爱国者吧。
To be a patriot.

不必对教堂与州县的各种分裂
There’s no need to always bewail and prate
总是哀叹和喋喋不休
On the separation of church and state
也不必因捣乱分子说
Or let the troublemakers upset you
政府要来对付你而愤慨
By saying the government’s out to get you
以此证明自己是爱国者。
To prove you’re a patriot.

但要关心穷人和需要帮助的人;
But caring about the poor and the needy;
想要去拥有,却绝不贪婪;
Wanting to have, without being greedy;
关心所有人的权利;
Feeling concern for the rights of ALL;
当别人跌倒时,帮助他们站起来:
And helping others up when they fall:
这才是爱国者!
That's being a patriot!


2016.10
2016.10
添加译本