夕阳沉入城镇雷电交加的天空,
The Sun sank in the thunderous sky of the town,
我从闪光的大厅中起身阔步穿过人群
And I rose in the glittering hall and strode through the people
来到我的屋中,和一个精灵躺在一起——
And went to my room, and laid me down with a Spirit–
在我窗外闪电击打着大地。
There was lightning out in the land beyond my window.
如此黑的夜里躺着如此闪亮的精灵,
Black was the night where lay that shining Spirit,
那苗条的,白皙的,闪光的身体,我的灵魂的伴侣
That slim, white, glimmering body, my soul’s companion
那树木那岩石那水那山环绕着我
And the trees and rocks and waters and hills around me
黝黑悲伤地树立在我床边的闪电中。
Stood black and mournful in flashes about my bed.
垂立周围的树木,岩石和水,
The trees that were drooping around, the rocks and waters,
那郁郁的小山,那雕刻出的疯狂寂静
The gloom-hung hills, the carven and frenzied silences
那被崇拜的闪亮身体,那白色瀑布
Then worshipped that glimmering body, that white cascade
在我从天空开凿出的黑色洞穴中熠熠发光。
That shone in my dark-hung cavern dug out of the sky.
我好奇还有多久那闪电会从天而降毁灭我们,
And I wondered how long ere the bolt should fall and destroy us,
还有多久我们会如黑暗中的一根火柴而喷发
Ere we should go out like the spurt of a match in the darkness
只需看一眼那狂野的乡村,
Having one glimpse of that wild and passionate country,
那被夏夜闪电黑成剪影的树木和渡鸦。
Those woods and ravines dark-graven by summer lightning;
于是我瞪视着墙壁和稍远的窗户,
And I stared at the wall and the little distant window,
这个世界萎缩成为且低且远的地平线,
The world shrivelled up to a low and far horizon,
只余下时时迸发的闪电中几座赤裸的小山,
To a few bare hills in a sudden flash of lightning,
以及在我在身边的黑暗中亲吻的闪闪发光的精灵。
And the glimmering Spirit I kissed in the gloom beside me.