十四行诗(42)刘锦丹 译

Sonnet 42埃德娜·圣文森特·米莱


我的唇吻过谁的唇,为什么,在何地,
What lips my lips have kissed, and where, and why,
我都已忘记,我的头枕着谁的臂弯
I have forgotten, and what arms have lain
直到清晨,我也忘记,而今晚
Under my head till morning; but the rain Is full of ghosts tonight, that tap and sigh Upon the glass and listen for reply,
冷雨中充满鬼魂,敲打着窗玻璃,
And in my heart there stirs a quiet pain
叹息着,等待我的回应,
For unremembered lads that not again
在我心中,一股隐痛搅动翻转,
Will turn to me at midnight with a cry.
为了那些被遗忘的少年,

不再于子夜时向我哭泣失声。
Thus in the winter stands the lonely tree,

Nor knows what birds have vanished one by one,
就像孤独的树在冬日里茕茕独立,
Yet knows its boughs more silent than before:
不知什么样的鸟儿一只一只消失不见,
I cannot say what loves have come and gone,
只知道枝头比以往寂静了许多,
I only know that summer sang in me
我说不出哪些爱情来过又离开,
A lttle while, that in me sings no more.
只知道夏天曾经在我心中歌唱
一会儿,而如今已经不再。


添加译本