十二月底:我和爸爸
Late December: my father and I
去纽约,去马戏团。
are going to New York, to the circus.
他驮着我
He holds me
在他肩上,在寒风里:
on his shoulders in the bitter wind:
白色的碎纸片
scraps of white paper
在铁路枕木上飞舞。
blow over the railroad ties.
My father liked
爸爸喜欢
to stand like this, to hold me
这样站着,驮着我
so he couldn't see me.
所以他看不见我。
I remember
我还记得
staring straight ahead
直直地盯着前面
into the world my father saw;
盯着爸爸看到的世界;
I was learning
我在学习
to absorb its emptiness,
吸收世界的空虚,
the heavy snow
大片的雪花
not falling, whirling around us.
绕着我们飞旋,并不落下。