我为美而死,嫌理据不足
I died for beauty, but was scarce
在黄泉下又有所修补
Adjusted in the tomb,
因为有为真理而死的——
When one who died for truth was lain
他就在我隔壁的屋
In an adjoining room.
他轻声问我的死因
He questioned softly why I failed?
“为了美”——我的答复
“For beauty,” I replied.
“我为真理,殊途同归,
“And I for truth, -the two are one;
我们似兄弟”——他的陈述。
We brethren are,” he said.
夜晚如此相遇,情同手足
And so, as kinsmen met a night,
我们在屋中彼此倾诉
We talked between the rooms,
直至嘴唇上长出苔丝
Until the moss had reached our lips,
把我们的姓名遮住
And covered up our names.