I left you in the morning,
一大早我就离你而去
And in the morning glow,
而你披着清晨的霞光
You walked a way beside me
行走在另外一条路上
To make me sad to go.
这不免让我感到悲伤
Do you know me in the gloaming,
你是否知道直到黄昏
Gaunt and dusty gray with roaming?
我憔悴而灰暗的旅程
Are you dumb because you know me not,
你沉默是因为不知道
Or dumb because you know?
还是因为知道而沉默
All for me? And not a question
全怪我?就不想问问
For the faded flowers gay
这已凋谢的美艳花朵
That could take me from beside you
何以让我离开你一天
For the ages of a day?
漫长如数个世代之久?
They are yours, and be the measure
她们归你,以此为尺
Of their worth for you to treasure,
来衡量你所珍视的吧
The measure of the little while
来衡量一下我离开你
That I've been long away.
很久的这小小一会儿