一大早我就离你而去
I left you in the morning,
而你披着清晨的霞光
And in the morning glow,
行走在另外一条路上
You walked a way beside me
这不免让我感到悲伤
To make me sad to go.
你是否知道直到黄昏
Do you know me in the gloaming,
我憔悴而灰暗的旅程
Gaunt and dusty gray with roaming?
你沉默是因为不知道
Are you dumb because you know me not,
还是因为知道而沉默
Or dumb because you know?
全怪我?就不想问问
All for me? And not a question
这已凋谢的美艳花朵
For the faded flowers gay
何以让我离开你一天
That could take me from beside you
漫长如数个世代之久?
For the ages of a day?
她们归你,以此为尺
They are yours, and be the measure
来衡量你所珍视的吧
Of their worth for you to treasure,
来衡量一下我离开你
The measure of the little while
很久的这小小一会儿
That I've been long away.