1
1
If half of me is skewered
如果我的一半身体
by grey crested birds
被灰冠鸟串起
in the middle of the vines of my promise
在我所许诺的藤蔓中间
and the very fact that I'm a poet
而真正的事实就是我是一个诗人
suffers my eyes
忍受着我的双眼
to be filled with vermilion tears
充满朱红的泪水,
2
2
how much greater danger
有多少更严重的危险
from occasion and pain is my vitality
是出于巧合而痛苦正是我的生命力
yielding like a tree on fire!--
在屈服,如同一株树在燃烧!——
for every day is another view
因为每一天都是另一种眼光
of the tentative past
打量着试探性的过去
grown secure in its foundry of shimmering
在当天的光亮铸件中逐渐牢固
that's not even historical;it's just me.
这根本与历史无关;这就是我。
3
3
And the other half
而那另外一半
of me where I master the root
的我我在那里控制着根本
of my every idiosyncrasy
的我的每一个癖性
and fit my ribs like a glove
并适应我的肋骨如同一只手套,
4
4
is that me who accepts betrayal
我是不是那人接受了背叛
in the abstract as if it were insight?
在抽象中把它当成是洞察力?
and draws its knuckles
并要拖着它的关节
across the much-lined eyes
横过much-lined(?)的眼睛
in the most knowing manner of our time?
按照我们时代最为人所知的方式?
5
5
The wind that smiles through the wires
一阵风把笑声从电话传来
isn't vague enough for an assertion
这还不够含糊还不足以断言
of a personal nature it's not for me
一个人的本质,它不适用于我,
6
6
I'm not dead. Nothing remains let alone "to be said "
我没有死。什么也没有剩余,更别提“拿来谈谈,”
except that when I fall backwards
只要我还没有向后倒下
I am trying something new and shall succeed as in the past.
我在尝试一些新的东西并且将会成功,就像过去一样。