Daddy西尔维娅·普拉斯

爹地佚名 译


You do not do, you do not do
你再也不能,再也不能
Any more, black shoe
这样做,黑色的鞋子,
In which I have lived like a foot
我像只脚在其中生活了
For thirty years, poor and white,
三十个年头,可怜且苍白,
Barely daring to breathe or Achoo.
仅敢呼吸或打喷嚏。

Daddy, I have had to kill you.
爹地,我早该杀了你。
You died before I had time——
我还没来得及你却死了——
Marble-heavy, a bag full of God,
大理石般沉重,一只充满神祇的袋子,
Ghastly statue with one gray toe
惨白的雕像:一根灰色脚趾
Big as a Frisco seal
大如旧金山的海狗,

And a head in the freakish Atlantic
一颗头颅沉浮于怪异的大西洋,
Where it pours been green over blue
把豆绿色倾注在蓝色之上,
In the waters off beautiful Nauset.
美丽的瑙塞特海滩外的水域。
I used to pray to recover you.
我曾祈求能寻回你。
Ach, du.
啊,你。

In the German tongue, in the Polish town
操德国口音,在被战争,
Scraped flat by the roller
战争,战争的压路机
Of wars, wars, wars.
辗压磨平的波兰市镇。
But the name of the town is common.
但是这市镇的名称是很寻常的。
My Polack friend
我的波兰朋友

Says there are a dozen or two.
说起码有一两打之多。
So I never could tell where you
所以我从未能弄清楚
Put your foot, your root,
你去过哪里,根在哪里,
I never could talk to you.
从来无法和你交谈。
The tongue stuck in my jaw.
舌头在下颚胶着。

It stuck in a barb wire snare.
胶着于铁蒺藜的陷阱里。
Ich, ich, ich, ich,
我,我,我,我。
I could hardly speak.
我几乎说不出话来
I thought every German was you.
我以为每个德国人都是你。
And the language obscene
而淫秽的语言

An engine, an engine
一具引擎,一具引擎
Chuffing me off like a Jew.
当我是犹太人般嚓嘎地斥退我。
A Jew to Dachau, Auschwitz, Belsen
一个被送往达浩,奥胥维兹,巴森的犹太人。
I began to talk like a Jew.
我开始像犹太人那样说话。
I think I may well be a Jew.
我想我有足够的理由成为犹太人。

The snows of the Tyrol, the clear beer of Vienna
提洛尔的雪,维也纳的清啤酒
Are not very pure or true.
并非十分纯正。
With my gypsy ancestress and my weird luck
以我的吉卜赛血缘和诡异的运道
And my Taroc pack and my Taroc pack
加上我的塔罗牌,我的塔罗牌
I may be a bit of a Jew.
我或许真有几分像犹太人。

I have always been scared of you,
我始终畏惧你,
With your Luftwaffe, your gobbledygoo.
你的德国空军,你的德国腔调。
And your neat moustache
你整齐的短髭,
And your Aryan eye, bright blue.
和你印欧语族的眼睛,明澈的蓝。
Panzer-man, panzer-man, O You——
装甲队员,装甲队员,啊你——

Not God but a swastika
不是上帝,只是个卐字
So black no sky could squeak through.
如此黝黑,就是天空也无法穿过。
Every woman adores a Fascist,
每一个女人都崇拜法西斯主义者,
The boot in the face, the brute
长靴踩在脸上,畜生
Brute heart of a brute like you.
如你,兽性兽性的心。

You stand at the blackboard, daddy,
你站在黑板旁边,爹地,
In the picture I have of you,
我有这么一张你的照片,
A cleft in your chin instead of your foot
一道裂痕深深刻入颚部而不在脚上
But no less a devil for that, no not
但还是同样的魔鬼,一点也不
Any less the black man who
逊于那曾把我美好赤红的心

Bit my pretty red heart in two.
咬成两半的黑人。
I was ten when they buried you.
你下葬那年我十岁。
At twenty I tried to die
二十岁时我就试图自杀,
And get back, back, back to you.
想回到,回到,回到你的身边。
I thought even the bones would do.
我想即便是一堆尸骨也行。

But they pulled me out of the sack,
但是他们把我拖离此一劫数,
And they stuck me together with glue,
还用胶水将我黏合。
And then I knew what to do.
之后我知道该怎么做。
I made a model of you.
我塑造了一尊你的偶像,
A man in black with a Meinkampf look
一个带着《我的奋斗》眼神的黑衣人

And a love of the rack and the screw.
以及一个拷问台和拇指夹的爱好者。
And I said I do, I do.
我说我愿意,我愿意。
So daddy, I'm finally through.
所以爹地,我终于完了。
The black telephone's off at the root,
黑色的电话线源断了,
The voices just can't worm through.
声音就是无法爬行而过。

If I've killed one man, I've killed two——
如果我已杀一人,我等于杀了两个——
The vampire who said he was you
那吸血鬼说他就是你
And drank my blood for a year,
并且啜饮我的血已一年,
Seven years, if you want to know.
实际是七年,如果你真想知道。
Daddy, you can lie back now.
爹地,你现在可以安息了。

There's a stake in your fat black heart
你肥胖的黑心里藏有一把利刃,
And the villagers never liked you.
村民们从来就没有喜欢过你。
They are dancing and stamping on you.
他们在你身上舞蹈践踏。
They always knew it was you.
而他们很清楚那就是你。
Daddy, daddy, you bastard, I'm through.
爹地,爹地,你这浑球,我完了。


1962.10.12
添加译本