The Moment玛格丽特·阿特伍德

瞬间马永波 译


The moment when, after many years
这个瞬间,在多年的
of hard work and a long voyage
辛劳和漫长的航行之后
you stand in the centre of your room,
你站在你房间的中央,
house, half-acre, square mile, island, country,
房屋,半英亩,一方,岛屿,乡村,
knowing at last how you got there,
知道最后你如何到达那里,
and say, I own this,
说,我拥有这个

is the same moment when the trees unloose
这是同样的时刻,树木松开
their soft arms from around you,
环绕你的柔软的手臂,
the birds take back their language,
鸟儿收回它们的语言,
the cliffs fissure and collapse,
悬崖裂开,崩塌,
the air moves back from you like a wave
空气波浪般从你身边退回
and you can't breathe.
而你不能呼吸。

No, they whisper. You own nothing.
不,它们低语。你什么都没有。
You were a visitor, time after time
你是个访客,一次又一次
climbing the hill, planting the flag, proclaiming.
攀登着山冈,插上旗帜,宣告。
We never belonged to you.
我们从来不属于你。
You never found us.
你从来没有找到我们。
It was always the other way round.
那总是周围的另一条道路。


添加译本