Soon we shall plunge into the cold darkness;
不久我们将沦入森冷的黑暗;
Farewell, vivid brightness of our short-lived summers!
再会罢,太短促的夏天的骄阳!
Already I hear the dismal sound of firewood
我已经听见,带着惨怆的震撼,
Falling with a clatter on the courtyard pavements.
枯木槭槭地落在庭院的阶上。
All winter will possess my being: wrath,
整个冬天将窜入我的身;怨毒,
Hate, horror, shivering, hard, forced labor,
恼怒,寒噤,恐怖,惩役与苦工;
And, like the sun in his polar Hades,
像寒日在北极的冰窖里瑟缩,
My heart will be no more than a frozen red block.
我的心只是一块冰冷的红冻。
All atremble I listen to each falling log;
我战兢地听每条残枝的倾坠;
The building of a scaffold has no duller sound.
建筑刑台的回响也难更喑哑。
My spirit resembles the tower which crumbles
我的心灵像一座城楼的崩溃,
Under the tireless blows of the battering ram.
在撞角的沉重迫切的冲击下。
It seems to me, lulled by these monotonous shocks,
我听见,给这单调的震撼所摇,
That somewhere they're nailing a coffin, in great haste.
仿佛有人在勿促地钉着棺材。
For whom? — Yesterday was summer; here is autumn
为谁呀?——昨儿是夏天;秋又来了!
That mysterious noise sounds like a departure.
这神秘声响像是急迫的相催。