Perfect Light泰德·休斯

柔和的阳光张子清 译


There you are, in all your innocence,
你坐在水仙丛中,
Sitting among your daffodils, as in a picture
一付天真烂漫的神气,
Posed as for the title: ‘Innocence’.
如同你在照片旁的题辞:“天真烂漫 ”。
Perfect light in your face lights it up
照在脸上柔和的阳光
Like a daffodil. Like any one of those daffodils
如同盛开的水仙。像那些水仙花中的
it was to be your only April on earth
任何一株,这全然是你在水仙丛中仅有的四月。
Among your daffodils. In your arms,
你新生的婴儿在你的手臂里
Like a teddy bear, your new son,
像一只玩具熊,仅有几个星期
Only a few weeks into his innocence.
进入他的天真。在你神圣的照片里:
Mother and infant, as in the Holy portrait.
母亲和婴儿。在你身旁
And beside you, laughing up at you,
是对着你仰面而笑的女儿,
Your daughter, barely two. Like a Daffodil
只有两个人。像一株水仙,
Your turn your face down to her, saying something.
你俯脸对着她,讲着什么话,
Your words were lost in the camera.
你的话音消失在照相机里。
                                                   And the knowledge
            一张难认识的照片:
Inside the hill on which you are sitting,
一座有河围绕的山庄,比你的房屋大 ,
A moated fort hill, bigger than your house,
你坐在山庄里。你接下去的时刻
Failed to reach the picture. While your next moment,
像向你走来的一名步兵
Coming towards you like an infantryman
慢慢地从无人地带返回,
Returning slowly out of no-man’s-land,
在某些东西下面躬身,
Bowed under something, never reached you –
从没有接近你--
Simply melted into the perfect light.
仅仅融化进那柔和的阳光里。


添加译本