With the same heart, I said, I’ll answer thee
怀著当初一模样的心情,我说,
As those, when thou shalt call me by my name—
我要答应你,当你叫我的小名。
Lo, the vain promise! is the same, the same,
唉,这分明是空的愿心!我的心
Perplexed and ruffled by life’s strategy?
还能是一模样--饱受了人生的磨折?
When called before, I told how hastily
从前,我听得一声喊,就扔下花束,
I dropped my flowers or brake off from a game.
要不,从游戏里跳起,奔过去答应,
To run and answer with the smile that came
一路上都是我的笑容笑声在致敬,
At play last moment, and went on with me
眼星里还闪烁著方才那一片欢乐。
Through my obedience. When I answer now,
现在我应你,我舍下一片沉重的
I drop a grave thought, break from solitude;
忧思,从孤寂里惊起。可是,我的心
Yet still my heart goes to thee—ponder how—
还是要向你飞奔,你不是我一种的
Not as to a single good, but all my good!
善,而是百善所钟!我最可爱的人,
Lay thy hand on it, best one, and allow
你把手按著我的心口,同意吗:孩童的
That no child’s foot could run fast as this blood.
小脚从没跑得这么快--象这血轮。