Sonnets from the Portuguese 23伊丽莎白·巴雷特·勃朗宁

葡萄牙人十四行诗集(23)方平 译


Is it indeed so?  If I lay here dead,
真是这样吗?如果我死了,你可会,
Wouldst thou miss any life in losing mine?
失落一些生趣、由于失去了我?
And would the sun for thee more coldly shine
阳光照着你,你会觉得它带一丝寒意,
Because of grave-damps falling round my head?
为着潮湿的黄土已盖没了我的脸?
I marvelled, my Belovëd, when I read
真没想到啊!我体味到你这份情意
Thy thought so in the letter.  I am thine—
在信中。爱,我是你的,可就这样
But . . . so much to thee?  Can I pour thy wine
给珍重?我能用我那双发抖的手
While my hands tremble?  Then my soul, instead
为你斟酒?好吧,那我就抛开了
Of dreams of death, resumes life’s lower range.
死的梦幻,重新捧起来那生命。
Then, love me, Love! look on me—breathe on me!
爱我吧,看着我,用暖气呵我吧!
As brighter ladies do not count it strange,
多少闺秀,为着爱不惜牺牲了
For love, to give up acres and degree,
财富和身份;我也要放弃那坟墓--
I yield the grave for thy sake, and exchange
为了你;把我那迫近而可爱的天国的
My near sweet view of heaven, for earth with thee!
景象、来跟载着你的土地交换!


添加译本