Fool Me Good比利·柯林斯

哄哄我吧唐小兵 译


I am under the covers
我盖了几层被子
waiting for the heat to come up
等着暖气管发出
with a gurgle and hiss
一阵咕噜和嘶嘶声
and the banging of the water hammer
等着水锤砰砰地敲打
that will frighten the cold out of the room.
把房间里的寒气吓跑。

And I am listening to a blues singer
我也在听一位蓝调歌手
named Precious Bryant
名叫珍奇·布莱恩特
singing a song called "Fool Me Good."
唱一曲“哄哄我吧”。

If you don't love me, baby, she sings,
如果你不爱我,宝贝,她唱道,
would you please try to fool me good?
可不可以请你尽量哄哄我?

I am also stroking the dog's head
我同时还在轻轻抚着狗的头
and writing down these words,
写下这些句子,
which means that I am calmly flying
也就是说我很镇定地无视了
in the face of the Buddhist advice
禅师的忠告
to do only one thing at a time.
即一时只应专注一事。

Just pour the tea,
只是倒茶,只是端详花蕊,
just look into the eye of the flower,
只唱一首歌—
just sing the song-
一时一事
one thing at a time
如此你将从容淡定,
and you will achieve serenity,
而这正是我想要的
which is what I would love to do
当早晨开始像电扇叶片般转动。
as the fan-blades of the morning begin to turn.


如果你不爱我,宝贝,
If you don't love me, baby,
她唱着,
she sings,
此时窗口里的白昼月在隐去,
as a day-moon fades in the window,
钟上的指针在旋转,
and the hands circle the clock,
可不可以请你尽量哄哄我?
would you please try to fool me good?


好,珍奇,我答道,
Yes, Precious, I reply,
我会尽量哄你,
I will fool you as good as I can,
但首先我得学会一心一意地
but first I have to learn to listen to you
听你唱歌,
with my whole heart,
一直等你唱完
and not until you have finished


才穿上拖鞋,
will I put on my slippers,
挤出一些牙膏,
squeeze out some toothpaste,
然后对着镜子涂上一脸泡沫,
and make a big foamy face in the mirror,


就此决心一时只专注一事——
freshly dedicated to doing one thing at a time-
你一次只唱一个音,亲爱的,
one note at a time for you, darling,
我一次只刷一颗牙。
one tooth at a time for me.


添加译本