哄哄我吧唐小兵 译

Fool Me Good比利·柯林斯


我盖了几层被子
I am under the covers
等着暖气管发出
waiting for the heat to come up
一阵咕噜和嘶嘶声
with a gurgle and hiss
等着水锤砰砰地敲打
and the banging of the water hammer
把房间里的寒气吓跑。
that will frighten the cold out of the room.

我也在听一位蓝调歌手
And I am listening to a blues singer
名叫珍奇·布莱恩特
named Precious Bryant
唱一曲“哄哄我吧”。
singing a song called "Fool Me Good."

如果你不爱我,宝贝,她唱道,
If you don't love me, baby, she sings,
可不可以请你尽量哄哄我?
would you please try to fool me good?

我同时还在轻轻抚着狗的头
I am also stroking the dog's head
写下这些句子,
and writing down these words,
也就是说我很镇定地无视了
which means that I am calmly flying
禅师的忠告
in the face of the Buddhist advice
即一时只应专注一事。
to do only one thing at a time.

只是倒茶,只是端详花蕊,
Just pour the tea,
只唱一首歌—
just look into the eye of the flower,
一时一事
just sing the song-
如此你将从容淡定,
one thing at a time
而这正是我想要的
and you will achieve serenity,
当早晨开始像电扇叶片般转动。
which is what I would love to do

as the fan-blades of the morning begin to turn.
如果你不爱我,宝贝,

她唱着,
If you don't love me, baby,
此时窗口里的白昼月在隐去,
she sings,
钟上的指针在旋转,
as a day-moon fades in the window,
可不可以请你尽量哄哄我?
and the hands circle the clock,

would you please try to fool me good?
好,珍奇,我答道,

我会尽量哄你,
Yes, Precious, I reply,
但首先我得学会一心一意地
I will fool you as good as I can,
听你唱歌,
but first I have to learn to listen to you
一直等你唱完
with my whole heart,

and not until you have finished
才穿上拖鞋,

挤出一些牙膏,
will I put on my slippers,
然后对着镜子涂上一脸泡沫,
squeeze out some toothpaste,

and make a big foamy face in the mirror,
就此决心一时只专注一事——

你一次只唱一个音,亲爱的,
freshly dedicated to doing one thing at a time-
我一次只刷一颗牙。
one note at a time for you, darling,
one tooth at a time for me.


添加译本