The Summer Day玛丽·奥利弗

夏日倪志娟 译


Who made the world?
谁创造了世界?
Who made the swan, and the black bear?
谁创造了天鹅,和黑熊?
Who made the grasshopper?
谁创造了蚱蜢?
This grasshopper, I mean—
蚱蜢,我指的是——
the one who has flung herself out of the grass,
跳出草丛的这一只,
the one who is eating sugar out of my hand,
正在我手中吃糖的这一只,
who is moving her jaws back and forth instead of up and down—
正在来回而不是上下移动她的颚——
who is gazing around with her enormous and complicated eyes.
正在用她巨大而复杂的眼睛四处张望的这一只。
Now she lifts her pale forearms and thoroughly washes her face.
现在她抬起柔弱的前臂,彻底洗净她的脸。
Now she snaps her wings open, and floats away.
现在她张开翅膀,飞走了。
I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
我不能确定祷告是什么。
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
我只知道如何专注,如何躺进
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
草里,如何跪在草中,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
如何偷懒并享受幸福,如何在田野闲逛,
which is what I have been doing all day.
这是我整天所做的事。
Tell me, what else should I have done?
告诉我,我还应该做什么?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
难道一切不是最终都死去了?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
告诉我,你打算做什么,
with your one wild and precious life?
用你疯狂而宝贵的一生?


添加译本