鞋,我内部生命隐秘的脸,
Shoes, secret face of my inner life:
两只张开的没牙齿的嘴,
Two gaping toothless mouths,
两块部分腐烂的动物的皮
Two partly decomposed animal skins
散发着老鼠窝的气味。
Smelling of mice nests.
在你们里面继续他们存在的
My brother and sister who died at birth
出生即死去的我的兄妹,
Continuing their existence in you,
引领着我的生命
Guiding my life
朝向他们无法理解的纯贞。
Toward their incomprehensible innocence.
书籍于我又有何用
What use are books to me
如果在你们里面也可以领会
When in you it is possible to read
我尘世生命的福音,以及
The Gospel of my life on earth
仍遥远的、未来的事情?
And still beyond, of things to come?
我要宣扬我为你们完美的谦卑
I want to proclaim the religion
而发明的宗教,
I have devised for your perfect humility
以及我正建造的以你们
And the strange church I am building
为圣坛的奇异的教堂。
With you as the altar.
禁欲而母性,你们忍受着:
Ascetic and maternal, you endure:
牛、圣徒、死刑犯的亲属,
Kin to oxen, to Saints, to condemned men,
以你们喑哑的耐性,塑造着
With your mute patience, forming
我自己唯一真实的写照。
The only true likeness of myself.