我看到自己在远处,深入一个镜子里,
I see myself far off, in a mirror
一个暗淡无光的镜子。
that has lost its shine.
这是什么时候,
What time is it?
哪一年?我站着,赤身裸体,
What year? I stand, naked,
在一个什么地方的旅馆房间的水槽前,
at the sink of a hotel room somewhere,
拧干衣服。你躺在床上。
wringing a cloth. You lie on the bed.
你在看什么?
What are you watching?
你了解我的身体,
You know my body
比我自己还了解,知道当它平躺下,
better than I, where it aches,
会在哪里痛。某种丝绸般的闪光:
when it lied. A certain silken gleam:
在更远的远处,我记起
from even further back, I remember
有一根线想把
a suture of railroad track
定居的文明和风滚草的漂泊缝在一起,
trying to bind some siding of civilization to a tumbleweed, as if that would hold.
让它们如铁轨般并行,仿佛它能够坚持住。
It held, scar on my desert of a heart.
它坚持住了,那铁轨是我荒漠心灵的一道疤痕。
Love, how many years till--
它坚持了多少年,亲爱的?
an ocean away
直到在大洋的另一边
and no doctor at hand
在这个陌生的国度,
in a strange country-- you knelt over me
身边并没有医生——是你跪在我身旁
in a rented room and removed a few stitches
在租来的房间里,
from my skin? You showed
从我的皮肤上拆掉一些缝线。你表现出
the awkwardness of one
从没缝过任何东西的笨拙,还有从来没有
who couldn't sew, the tenderness
拆掉过任何东西的
of one who'd never ripped anything out.
温柔。