别把我想得孤冷和野俗
Think me not unkind and rude
看我一个人走在树林与幽谷;
That I walk alone in grove and glen;
我要去寻找森林的神明
I go to the god of the wood
听取他送给人们的叮嘱。
To fetch his word to men.
别指责我行为情懒
Tax not my sloth that I
看我两臂交叠伫立溪边;
Fold my arms beside the brook;
每一朵浮在天空的云彩
Each cloud that floated in the sky
都会写一个字母在我的书间。
Writes a letter in my book.
勤劳的一族,别把我骂,
Chide me not, laborious band,
看我带来了悠闲的鲜花;
For the idle flowers I brought;
我手中的每一朵紫葩
Every aster in my hand
都带着一个思想回家。
Goes home loaded with a thought.
世间要说有什么秘密
There was never mystery
全都藏在花朵里;
But 'tis figured in the flowers;
还要说有什么秘密历史
Was never secret history
是鸟儿在巢穴里唱出的。
But birds tell it in the bowers.
一次收获来自你的田地
One harvest from thy field
那是强壮的耕牛带往家里;
Homeward brought the oxen strong;
你田地的第二次收获,
A second crop thine acres yield,
却是我在一次歌唱中收集。
Which I gather in a song.