爱触发你走动,像一只胖乎乎的金表。
Love set you going like a fat gold watch.
产婆拍打你的脚跟,你率畅的哭声
The midwife slapped your footsoles, and your bald cry
于是在万象中占据自己的位置。
Took its place among the elements.
我们的嗓音呼应,弘扬你的来临。新雕像。
Our voices echo, magnifying your arrival. New statue.
在穿风的博物馆里,你的赤裸
In a drafty museum, your nakedness
给我们的安全罩上阴影。我们像墙壁一般茫然地站在四周。
Shadows our safety. We stand round blankly as walls.
我并不比云更像你的母亲,
I’m no more your mother
它蒸馏出一面镜子,只不过映照出自己的脸
Than the cloud that distills a mirror to reflect its own slow
在风的摆布下缓缓消逝。
Effacement at the wind’s hand.
彻夜,你小飞蛾的呼吸
All night your moth-breath
在平板的粉色玫瑰中拍闪。我醒来听到:
Flickers among the flat pink roses. I wake to listen:
远方的大海在我耳中涌动。
A far sea moves in my ear.
一声啼哭,我便跌跌爬爬地下床,乳牛一样笨重,
One cry, and I stumble from bed, cow-heavy and floral
裹着维多利亚式的大花睡袍。
In my Victorian nightgown.
你的嘴完全打开,像一张猫嘴。窗户的广场
Your mouth opens clean as a cat’s. The window square
白了,吞没了它里面的暗淡星辰。现在,你试唱
Whitens and swallows its dull stars. And now you try
你那一把音符;
Your handful of notes;
清澈的元音升起,犹如气球。
The clear vowels rise like balloons.