你不行了,不行了
You do not do, you do not do
再也不行了,你这只黑鞋子
Any more, black shoe
我在里面过了三十年
In which I have lived like a foot
像一只脚,苍白而可怜,
For thirty years, poor and white,
几乎不敢放开来呼吸或打个喷嚏。
Barely daring to breathe or Achoo.
老爸,我不得不杀死你。
Daddy, I have had to kill you.
可等到你死了,我仍没有时机——
You died before I had time——
像大理石般沉重,一副装上帝的袋子,
Marble-heavy, a bag full of God,
可怖的雕像有一只灰脚趾
Ghastly statue with one gray toe
大得像旧金山海豹
Big as a Frisco seal
脑袋藏在波谲云诡的大西洋,
And a head in the freakish Atlantic
相那里的蔚蓝倾注着豆绿
Where it pours been green over blue
在美丽的瑙塞特港外那片水域。
In the waters off beautiful Nauset.
我曾时常祈求能重新找到你。
I used to pray to recover you.
哦,找到你。
Ach, du.
操一口德国腔,住在波兰小镇,
In the German tongue, in the Polish town
它已被战争的压路机碾平,
Scraped flat by the roller
被战争,战争,战争。
Of wars, wars, wars.
而它的名字实在平常。
But the name of the town is common.
我的波兰友人
My Polack friend
说这名字的小城有一两打之多。
Says there are a dozen or two.
所以我永远说不清楚
So I never could tell where you
你去过哪里,根在何处,
Put your foot, your root,
我永远没能向你追问。
I never could talk to you.
舌头卡在嘴里难以出声。
The tongue stuck in my jaw.
卡死在带刺的铁丝网陷阱里。
It stuck in a barb wire snare.
Ich,Ich,Ich,Ich,
Ich, ich, ich, ich,
我的话难以成句。
I could hardly speak.
我认为每个德国佬都是你。
I thought every German was you.
而那语言很下流
And the language obscene
一辆火车头,火车头
An engine, an engine
在欻欻声中把我当作犹太人发落。
Chuffing me off like a Jew.
一个犹太人被送往达豪,奥斯威辛或悲尔森。
A Jew to Dachau, Auschwitz, Belsen
我说起话来开始像犹太人。
I began to talk like a Jew.
我想很可能我就是犹太人。
I think I may well be a Jew.
维也纳的清啤,蒂洛尔的积雪
The snows of the Tyrol, the clear beer of Vienna
并不那么真实与纯正。
Are not very pure or true.
我的母系祖先中有个吉普赛,我的好运有点怪
With my gypsy ancestress and my weird luck
加上我算命用的泰逻牌,泰逻扑克牌
And my Taroc pack and my Taroc pack
我真的可能有点犹太血。
I may be a bit of a Jew.
我对你一直都是战战兢兢,
I have always been scared of you,
你有纳粹空军,你有军官腔调。
With your Luftwaffe, your gobbledygoo.
你的胡子修剪齐整
And your neat moustache
你湛蓝的亚利安眼睛。
And your Aryan eye, bright blue.
装甲兵,装甲兵,哦,你——
Panzer-man, panzer-man, O You——
不是上帝而是个纳粹徽记
Not God but a swastika
黑得不会露出一丝蓝天。
So black no sky could squeak through.
每个女人都崇拜一个法西斯党徒,
Every woman adores a Fascist,
靴子印在脸上,畜生一样
The boot in the face, the brute
有一副像你这畜生的心肠。
Brute heart of a brute like you.
老爸,你站在黑板前,
You stand at the blackboard, daddy,
我有你这张照片,你在上面,
In the picture I have of you,
一道裂痕留在下巴而不是脚上
A cleft in your chin instead of your foot
但你还是与魔鬼相当,绝对
But no less a devil for that, no not
与那黑衣人旗鼓相当
Any less the black man who
他把我那娇嫩的红心撕咬成两块。
Bit my pretty red heart in two.
他们埋藏你时,我才十岁。
I was ten when they buried you.
我二十岁时试图一死了之
At twenty I tried to die
向你回归,回归,回归。
And get back, back, back to you.
哪怕回去的只是白骨一堆。
I thought even the bones would do.
但他们把我从闷口袋中弄醒,
But they pulled me out of the sack,
用胶水把我粘在一起。
And they stuck me together with glue,
此后我明白应该怎样。
And then I knew what to do.
我以你做出一个模型,
I made a model of you.
一个黑衣人带着《我的奋斗》的表情
A man in black with a Meinkampf look
和对于上刑台和拧螺丝的热衷。
And a love of the rack and the screw.
我说:行啊,我愿意。
And I said I do, I do.
于是,老爸,我终于完了。
So daddy, I'm finally through.
那黑色的电话断在了根部,
The black telephone's off at the root,
声音怎么爬也爬不过去。
The voices just can't worm through.
如果我杀了一人,也就杀了两条命——
If I've killed one man, I've killed two——
那条吸血僵尸,他谎冒你的名,
The vampire who said he was you
饮吸我的血已有一年,
And drank my blood for a year,
七个年头了,如果你想确知。
Seven years, if you want to know.
老爸,现在你尽可高枕无忧。
Daddy, you can lie back now.
一根尖木桩插在你又肥又黑的心脏
There's a stake in your fat black heart
你,村民们从来就不曾喜欢。
And the villagers never liked you.
在你上面,他们又跺脚又跳舞,
They are dancing and stamping on you.
就是你,他们一直都很清楚。
They always knew it was you.
老爸,老爸,你这混蛋,我算完了。
Daddy, daddy, you bastard, I'm through.