致羞怯的情人曹明伦 译

To His Coy Mistress安德鲁·马维尔


假若有足够的空间和光阴,
Had we but world enough and time,
姑娘哟,你的羞怯就不算无情。
This coyness, lady, were no crime.
我们可以坐下来认真思索
We would sit down, and think which way
该在哪条路上度过爱的时分。
To walk, and pass our long love’s day.
你可以去印度的恒河边,
Thou by the Indian Ganges’ side
去寻觅那闪光的红宝石,
Shouldst rubies find; I by the tide
我会在汉伯河畔望水悲叹,
Of Humber would complain. I would
会在洪水前十年就对你钟情,
Love you ten years before the flood,
如果你愿意,你可以拒绝,
And you should, if you please, refuse
直到犹太人成为基督的教民。
Till the conversion of the Jews.
我的爱可像草木缓慢地生长,
My vegetable love should grow
长得比帝国的疆域更宽广无垠。
Vaster than empires and more slow;
我可以用上整整一百个年头
An hundred years should go to praise
来凝视你的面庞,赞美你的眼睛,
Thine eyes, and on thy forehead gaze;
用两百年来爱慕你的酥胸,
Two hundred to adore each breast,
用三万年来崇仰你的全身;
But thirty thousand to the rest;
你的每根头发都得爱一个世纪,
An age at least to every part,
待世界末日才窥视你的芳心。
And the last age should show your heart.
因为,姑娘哟,你值得这般爱恋,
For, lady, you deserve this state,
我决不会降低我火一般的爱情。
Nor would I love at lower rate.
	但是我常常听见在我身后
       But at my back I always hear
时间的飞轮正匆匆逼近;
Time’s wingèd chariot hurrying near;
那边哟,那边,在我们面前
And yonder all before us lie
是荒野的浩渺、沉寂的永恒。
Deserts of vast eternity.
你的美貌风韵将不复存在,
Thy beauty shall no more be found;
你的墓中也不会有我的歌声;
Nor, in thy marble vault, shall sound
那时只剩下虫豸蠹蛆
My echoing song; then worms shall try
来品尝你长久保持的童贞,
That long-preserved virginity,
你高洁的名誉将变为尘土,
And your quaint honour turn to dust,
我情欲的烈焰也将烧成灰烬。
And into ashes all my lust;
坟墓倒是个美好幽静的地方,
The grave’s a fine and private place,
但谁也不会在那儿拥抱温存。
But none, I think, do there embrace.
	所以哟,趁你青春的红颜
       Now therefore, while the youthful hue
像清晨的露珠晶莹娇嫩,
Sits on thy skin like morning dew,
趁你绸缪的心灵正春情荡漾,
And while thy willing soul transpires
趁熊熊欲火煎熬你根根神经,
At every pore with instant fires,
能欢娱之时让我们尽情欢娱,
Now let us sport us while we may,
就像一对相亲相爱的飞鹰,
And now, like amorous birds of prey,
在狂欢的瞬间吞下全部岁月,
Rather at once our time devour
也不让时光来慢慢消磨青春。
Than languish in his slow-chapped power.
让我们把力量溶为一体,
Let us roll all our strength and all
让我们把柔情聚在一身,
Our sweetness up into one ball,
让我们为欢乐而奋力搏击,
And tear our pleasures with rough strife
冲破生活那铁铸的囚门。
Through the iron gates of life:
我们纵然不能阻止年华流逝,
Thus, though we cannot make our sun
但可以让那欢乐的佳期早临。
Stand still, yet we will make him run.


1650
1650
添加译本