十二月底,我的父亲和我
Late December: my father and I
去纽约,去马戏团
are going to New York, to the circus.
他驮着我
He holds me
在他的肩膀上,在寒风中:
on his shoulders in the bitter wind:
白色的碎纸片
scraps of white paper
在铁路的枕木上方飞舞
blow over the railroad ties.
我的父亲喜欢
My father liked
就这样站着,驮着我
to stand like this, to hold me
所以他看不见我。
so he couldn't see me.
我仍记得
I remember
我笔直地盯着前方
staring straight ahead
望向我父亲所看到的世界里;
into the world my father saw;
我试着学习
I was learning
独自吸收他的空虚
to absorb its emptiness,
硕大的雪花
the heavy snow
它不落下,它绕着我们飞旋
not falling, whirling around us.