如果早知道大河原 译

If I Had Known爱丽丝·邓巴·尼尔森


如果早知道
If I had known
两年后今生将何等惨淡,
Two years ago how drear this life should be,
观众都暗自异常悲伤,
And crowd upon itself all strangely sad,
也许另一首歌会从我唇迸发,
Mayhap another song would burst from out my lips,
洋溢着未来之盼望的幸福,
Overflowing with the happiness of future hopes;
也许另一首比这首欢喜的还跃动。
Mayhap another throb than that of joy.
我的灵魂已然激荡至最深处,
Have stirred my soul into its inmost depths,
                  如果早知道。
              If I had known.

如果早知道,
If I had known,
两年后爱的无力,
Two years ago the impotence of love,
吻的徒然,爱抚何等无助,
The vainness of a kiss, how barren a caress,
也许我的灵魂早已飞向高处事物,
Mayhap my soul to higher things have soarn,
不依恋尘世的爱、脆弱的梦,
Nor clung to earthly loves and tender dreams,
而是高高进入碧蓝的至高之天,
But ever up aloft into the blue empyrean,
在那里掌控整个心灵世界——
And there to master all the world of mind,
                  如果早知道。
                  If I had known.


添加译本