All along the valley, stream that flashest white,
沿着整个山谷,河水像白练在闪动,
Deepening thy voice with the deepening of the night,
黑夜渐渐变深,你水声也变得深沉;
All along the valley, where thy waters flow,
沿着整个山谷,沿着你潺潺的水流,
I walk'd with one I loved two and thirty years ago.
整整三十二年前,我曾同他徒步走。
All along the valley, while I walk'd to-day,
沿着整个山谷,我今天在这里漫步,
The two and thirty years were a mist that rolls away;
那整整三十二年,是滚滚而去的雾;
For all along the valley, down thy rocky bed,
因为沿整个山谷,河水在岩床流淌,
Thy living voice to me was as the voice of the dead,
你活灵灵的话音,像我爱的人一样;
And all along the valley, by rock and cave and tree,
而沿着整个山谷,在山岩、洞穴、树边,
The voice of the dead was a living voice to me.
那位死者的话音,一如他发自人间。