Tell yourself
告诉你自己
as it gets cold and gray falls from the air
当天气转冷,天色灰沉
that you will go on
你必须继续
walking, hearing
前行,继续听着
the same tune no matter where
同样的音调
you find yourself—
无论你身在何处 —
inside the dome of dark
在黑暗的穹顶内
or under the cracking white
或者是在雪谷中
of the moon's gaze in a valley of snow.
月亮洁白的凝视下
Tonight as it gets cold
今夜,当天气转冷
tell yourself
告诉你自己
what you know which is nothing
你所知道的一切
but the tune your bones play
无非只是你继续行走时
as you keep going. And you will be able
骨骼奏响的曲调,而你总算可以
for once to lie down under the small fire
躺在冬日
of winter stars.
微弱的星火下。
And if it happens that you cannot
但是倘若你不能
go on or turn back
继续前行或无法转回
and you find yourself
并且你发现自己
where you will be at the end,
就在你要到达的终点
tell yourself
告诉自己
in that final flowing of cold through your limbs
在穿过你四肢的寒流中
that you love what you are.
你爱这样的自己。