The saris go by me from the embassies.
来自大使馆的身着印度纱丽的妇女经过我身旁。
从月亮上取来的衣服。从另一个星球上取来的衣服。
Cloth from the moon. Cloth from another planet.
她们像豹一样回转头来看豹。
They look back at the leopard like the leopard.
而我……
And I....
我的印花布服装,在这么多次的清洗后
this print of mine, that has kept its color
依然生动地保持住它的颜色;这沉闷的、过期了的
Alive through so many cleanings; this dull null
海军服,我穿着它上班,下班,乃至
Navy I wear to work, and wear from work, and so
上床,进坟墓,没有
To my bed, so to my grave, with no
抱怨,没有评价:没有来自于我的长官的,
Complaints, no comment: neither from my chief,
副长官助手的,也没有来自于他的长官的——
The Deputy Chief Assistant, nor his chief—
只有我抱怨……这耐用的
Only I complain.... this serviceable
肉体没有阳光照射,两手空空
Body that no sunlight dyes, no hand suffuses
只有,圆屋顶上的阴影,枯萎在圆柱间,
But, dome-shadowed, withering among columns,
在泉水的波动之下——小小的,远远的,闪耀
Wavy beneath fountains—small, far-off, shining
在动物的眼睛里,这些生物被捕获
In the eyes of animals, these beings trapped
一如我被捕获可是还不一样,它们自己,陷阱,
As I am trapped but not, themselves, the trap,
岁月,然而它们没有它们年龄的概念,
Aging, but without knowledge of their age,
安稳地活在那儿,不知道死亡,因为死亡——
Kept safe here, knowing not of death, for death—
哦,我肉体的栅栏,打开,打开吧!
Oh, bars of my own body, open, open!
世界从我的笼子边走过从来不看我。
The world goes by my cage and never sees me.
它不是朝着我而来,就像朝着
And there come not to me, as come to these,
这些野兽,啄着骆驼饲料的麻雀,
The wild beasts, sparrows pecking the llamas’ grain,
在熊的食物上栖居的鸽子,雕
Pigeons settling on the bears’ bread, buzzards
撕扯着落满黑云般苍蝇的肉……
Tearing the meat the flies have clouded....
秃鹰,
Vulture,
当你为了狐狸留下的白鼠而来,
When you come for the white rat that the foxes left,
摘下头上的红色头盔,那黑色的
Take off the red helmet of your head, the black
翼遮住了我,像人一样走过我:
Wings that have shadowed me, and step to me as man:
这野性的兄弟,在它们的脚下白狼摇尾,
The wild brother at whose feet the white wolves fawn,
巨大的母狮朝着它们有力的手
To whose hand of power the great lioness
潜行,不停地低哼……
Stalks, purring....
你知道我是什么,
You know what I was,
你看见了我是什么:改变我,改变我吧!
You see what I am: change me, change me!