我的鞋子温经天 译

My Shoes查尔斯·西米克


鞋子,我内心生活的隐秘面孔:
Shoes, secret face of my inner life:
两张张开的无牙的嘴,
Two gaping toothless mouths,
两张部分腐烂的动物的皮
Two partly decomposed animal skins
闻到老鼠窝的味儿。
Smelling of mice nests.

出生时死去的兄弟姐妹
My brother and sister who died at birth
继续在我体内活着,
Continuing their existence in you,
指导我的生活
Guiding my life
步入他们难以理解的纯真。
Toward their incomprehensible innocence.

书对我有何用
What use are books to me
当你们附我身阅读
When in you it is possible to read
我在地上生活的福音
The Gospel of my life on earth
什么事情能够超越?
And still beyond, of things to come?

我想赞美神
I want to proclaim the religion
我为完美的虔诚规划
I have devised for your perfect humility
还有在建的教堂
And the strange church I am building
它以你们为祭。
With you as the altar.

如苦行僧和母性,你承受:
Ascetic and maternal, you endure:
亲近牛,圣徒,被定罪的人,
Kin to oxen, to Saints, to condemned men,
用你沉默的耐性,塑造
With your mute patience, forming
我唯一真实的面容。
The only true likeness of myself.


添加译本