Reed,
被砍断,被撕碎,
slashed and torn
却加倍地生长——
but doubly rich—
你那伟大的头颅
such great heads as yours
漂浮在寺院的台阶上,
drift upon temple-steps,
而你,慢慢消失在
but you are shattered
风中。
in the wind.
桃金娘树皮
Myrtle-bark
染上你的斑点,
is flecked from you,
梗上的刻纹
scales are dashed
被毁坏,
from your stem,
沙子切断你的花瓣,
sand cuts your petal,
用粗糙的边磨砺它,
furrows it with hard edge,
如同燧石
like flint
打磨一块明亮的石头。
on a bright stone.
虽然风
Yet though the whole wind
鞭打着你的树皮,
slash at your bark,
你仍然高高地扬起,
you are lifted up,
耶!——虽然它嘶嘶鸣叫着
aye—though it hiss
要用它的泡沫覆盖你。
to cover you with froth.