与黑夜相识照朗 译

Acquainted with the Night罗伯特·弗罗斯特


我曾是与黑夜相识的一个。
I have been one acquainted with the night.
我在雨中出门——且在雨中归返。
I have walked out in rain—and back in rain.
我走出过城市最遥远的灯火,
I have outwalked the furthest city light.

我俯视过城市最忧伤的小巷;
I have looked down the saddest city lane.
身旁路过那巡更的守夜人,
I have passed by the watchman on his beat
我低垂双眼,无心细想。
And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.

我默然呆立,停下脚步声,
I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet
当遥远的呼喊来自另一条街,
When far away an interrupted cry
断续不清,越过屋顶。
Came over houses from another street,

但那并非将我召回或是道别;
But not to call me back or say good-bye;
更远处,在那超凡的高处,
And further still at an unearthly height,
噢,发光的钟悬于天界,
One luminary clock against the sky

它宣告那时辰既无对,亦无错。
Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.
我曾是与黑夜相识的一个。
I have been one acquainted with the night.


添加译本