On Wanting to Tell [ ] about a Girl Eating Fish Eyes Mary Szybist

我想要告诉()一个女孩在吃鱼眼光诸 译


—how her loose curls float
——她松软的发卷儿,
above each silver fish as she leans in
是如何漂浮在每一条银色的鱼身上,
to pluck its eyes—
当她俯身,

去抠它们的眼珠。
You died just hours ago.

Not suddenly, no. You'd been dying so long
几个小时前你刚刚死去。
nothing looked like itself: from your window,
不能算突然,不,你的生命在很长时间内慢慢消逝。
fishermen swirled sequins;
如今万事看起来不同以往:从你的窗户往外看,
fishnets entangled the moon.
渔民的亮片旋转缠绕;他们的鱼网绞住了月亮。

Now the dark rain
如今它们变成黑色的雨
looks like dark rain. Only the wine
在我眼中黑色的雨。只有葡萄酒
shimmers with candlelight. I refill the glasses
在蜡烛下闪光。我重新倒满了杯子
and we raise a toast to you
我们一起为你举杯
as so and so's daughter—elfin, jittery as a sparrow—
此时谁和谁的女儿——精灵娇小,不歇不息就像一只小麻雀——
slides into another lap
滑到另一个膝盖上
to eat another pair of slippery eyes
去吃另一对滑溜溜的眼睛
with her soft fingers, fingers rosier each time,
她柔软手指上的玫瑰红,每一次都加深一点,
for being chewed a little.
因为在嘴里被咀嚼。

If only I could go to you, revive you.
如果我可以来到你身边,叫醒你
You must be a little alive still.
——你现在身体里一定还有一口气,
I'd like to put this girl in your lap.
我想要把这个女孩放到你的膝头。
She's almost feverishly warm and she weighs
她身体就像发烧一样热,同时
hardly anything. I want to show you how
几乎没有重量。我想要让你看看
she relishes each eye, to show you
她是如何享受每个眼珠,让你
her greed for them.
看到她对眼珠的贪婪。

She is placing one on her tongue,
她正在把一个眼珠放在她的舌头上,
bright as a polished coin—
亮闪闪就像一枚抛光的硬币

What do they taste like? I ask.
——它们的味道像什么?我问。
Twisting in my lap, she leans back
在我的膝盖上她扭着身体,懒洋洋地直起身。
sleepily. They taste like eyes, she says.
它们的味道就像眼珠
她说。


添加译本