——她松软的发卷儿,
—how her loose curls float
是如何漂浮在每一条银色的鱼身上,
above each silver fish as she leans in
当她俯身,
to pluck its eyes—
去抠它们的眼珠。
You died just hours ago.
几个小时前你刚刚死去。
Not suddenly, no. You'd been dying so long
不能算突然,不,你的生命在很长时间内慢慢消逝。
nothing looked like itself: from your window,
如今万事看起来不同以往:从你的窗户往外看,
fishermen swirled sequins;
渔民的亮片旋转缠绕;他们的鱼网绞住了月亮。
fishnets entangled the moon.
如今它们变成黑色的雨
Now the dark rain
在我眼中黑色的雨。只有葡萄酒
looks like dark rain. Only the wine
在蜡烛下闪光。我重新倒满了杯子
shimmers with candlelight. I refill the glasses
我们一起为你举杯
and we raise a toast to you
此时谁和谁的女儿——精灵娇小,不歇不息就像一只小麻雀——
as so and so's daughter—elfin, jittery as a sparrow—
滑到另一个膝盖上
slides into another lap
去吃另一对滑溜溜的眼睛
to eat another pair of slippery eyes
她柔软手指上的玫瑰红,每一次都加深一点,
with her soft fingers, fingers rosier each time,
因为在嘴里被咀嚼。
for being chewed a little.
如果我可以来到你身边,叫醒你
If only I could go to you, revive you.
——你现在身体里一定还有一口气,
You must be a little alive still.
我想要把这个女孩放到你的膝头。
I'd like to put this girl in your lap.
她身体就像发烧一样热,同时
She's almost feverishly warm and she weighs
几乎没有重量。我想要让你看看
hardly anything. I want to show you how
她是如何享受每个眼珠,让你
she relishes each eye, to show you
看到她对眼珠的贪婪。
her greed for them.
她正在把一个眼珠放在她的舌头上,
She is placing one on her tongue,
亮闪闪就像一枚抛光的硬币
bright as a polished coin—
——它们的味道像什么?我问。
What do they taste like? I ask.
在我的膝盖上她扭着身体,懒洋洋地直起身。
Twisting in my lap, she leans back
它们的味道就像眼珠
sleepily. They taste like eyes, she says.
她说。